Department of Automobile Engineering
>> Click Here for Department's VIDEO Profile <<
AUTOMOBILE OFFICIAL BLOG
B.E. program in Automobile Engineering was started in 2009 under the Department of Mechanical Engineering with an intake of 30 students. There is no present intake. MVSR Engineering College is the first college to start B.E. (Automobile Engineering) in the state of Telangana. The course has been attracting good students from inception, and is becoming increasingly popular.
From the academic year 2017-18, the B.E. program in Automobile Engineering is brought under the Department of Automobile Engineering.
Over the years, the dept. has developed excellent laboratory facilities with state of the art equipment. Students of the program are encouraged to participate in various competitions, such as SAE-BAJA, EFFICYCLE, SUPRA, GOKART etc. The students are motive to develop new concepts, and also to build working systems related to automobiles towards their final year projects.
Students possessing B.E.(Automobile Engg.) are eligible for specialization in Automobile Engineering in addition to those in Mechanical Engineering at PG level.
To Produce Professionally Confident and Responsible Engineers with the Knowledge and Skills in Vehicle Designing, manufacturing and testing of Automobiles to meet ever changing needs of the Global Automotive Industry and the Society.
The department strives to provide the engineering foundation as well as professional, innovative and leadership skills to the students through the following activities:
- Laying sound foundation in the areas of mechanics, design, thermal sciences and production processes, as well as allied areas.
- Enrich the undergraduate experience through experimental learning, and fostering a personalized and supportive environment that makes learning joyful and stimulating
- Provide opportunities to design mechanical engineering components and systems to meet specific needs through select courses
- Provide opportunities to develop good communication skills, and to encourage creativity and entrepreneurial
- Create awareness in professional responsibility, ethics, global impact of engineering solutions, and of the need for life-long learning.
- Providing opportunities for training in the latest automotive technologies and encourage product development.
- Providing research and intellectual resources to address contemporary and complex problems of industry and to advance research and applications.
Program Educational Objectives
Automobile Engineering discipline has curriculum much in common with Mechanical Engineering and incorporates skills and expertise in the areas which are essential to most sectors of industry, and has specific orientation to the automobile industry.
Bachelors programme in Automobile Engineering in the college is aimed at preparing graduates who will
- Establish themselves as successful professionals while working independently or in multidisciplinary teams demonstrating professional, ethical and societal responsibilities.
- Have high levels of technical competency and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions to engineering problems including in areas specific to automobiles.
- Continuously enhance their skills through training, independent inquiry, professional practices and / or pursuit of higher education or research.
- Advance in their professional careers including increased technical and managerial responsibility as well as attainment of leadership
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.